56 Fore Street, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1NY

01548 856096 info@cw-fp.co.uk

Important Pension Information from the Budget 2014

The following pensions changes announced in the 2014 Budget. Please note that the legislation is expected to be passed later in 2014, but will be backdated to 27th March.

Income drawdown

The maximum amount which an individual may take each year from an income drawdown arrangement has increased from 120% to 150% of an annuity value calculated using annuity rates provided by the Government Actuary’s Department (GAD). This applies for all drawdown pension years starting on or after this date.

Small pots

The amount of money which may be released under small pot lump sum rules has increased from £2000 to £10000. Small lump sums can be paid regardless of an individuals total pension savings.

The first 25% is paid tax-free and the remaining 75% is taxed at the individuals marginal rate of income tax. This will apply to all payments made on or after this date.

The maximum number of pension pots you can take as a small pot has been increased to three from the previous limit of two. Any occupational pension schemes do not count towards this limit and you can still take one small pot from each occupational scheme you are a member of.

Triviality

The amount of money which may be released in cash under the trivial commutation rules has increased from £18000 to £30000. A trivial commutation amount can be paid from age 60 and the total value of all pension funds must not exceed £30000. The first 25% is paid tax-free and the remaining 75% is taxed at the individuals marginal rate of income tax. This will apply to all commutation periods starting on or after this date.

Please follow and like us:

Clearwater Financial Planning Limited is an Appointed Representative of Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited, and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited, are entered on the FCA Register (http://www.fca.org.uk/register/) under reference 440703 and 440718

Clearwater Financial Planning Ltd is Registered in England & Wales Company Number 05764001

Registered Office - 56 Fore Street, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1NY